LifeBack Tax General FAQs
- If you owe under $10,000 in back taxes, barring your interest and penalties accumulate.
- How much do you charge for your services?
- What forms of payment do you accept? Do you offer payment plans?
Your first no-obligation consultation is FREE! Reach out to us via phone, e-mail or social media.
At LifeBack Tax, we understand that each case is different and each client has specific needs that must be addressed. Generally, most cases cost $3,000-$5,000 to resolve. To get a specific quote for your case, call us at (855) 605-1500.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AmEx and most credit card companies. We also accept cash and check payments. LifeBack Tax offers payment plans to our clients who are experiencing extreme financial burdens. To find out more about our payment options, ask your case manager or consulting tax professional.
- Where will the consultation take place? How long will it take?
- How can you help me?
- Do I need to bring paperwork with me?
- Do you guarantee results?
LifeBack Tax offers virtual, phone and in-person consultations! Initial consultations are usually 15 to 20 minutes long, so be sure to set aside some time when booking your consultation.
LifeBack Tax works with the IRS on your behalf to negotiate your debt. Our team of enrolled agents, tax attorneys and case managers will work with you to determine the best solution for you.
You are not required to bring any paperwork for the initial consultation, although it can be helpful if you do! Once you come on board, your case manager will notify you of any paperwork that needs to be sent or brought in.
LifeBack Tax does not believe in guaranteeing results as the IRS will ultimately dictate the outcome of the case. Each client's personal circumstances and financial history will also dictate the final resolution. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) advises taxpayers to be wary of companies that guarantee results!
- Can you help me even if I am out of state?
- Is your staff licensed?
Yes, we can! LifeBack Tax proudly serves all 50 U.S. states. We have successfully resolved cases for clients across the nation, so distance is never an issue.
LifeBack Tax is proud to have staff members certified by the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers, the National Association of Enrolled Agents and the California Lawyers Association (CLA).
- Can you help me get my stimulus check?
- I applied for the stimulus payment but still haven't received it yet. What do I do?
- Can I still receive a stimulus check if I owe the IRS or state?
- Do I have to file my taxes to receive a stimulus check?
Coronavirus stimulus checks were automatically sent to eligible individuals earlier this year. If you have not filed your 2019 tax return, you can use this tool to file and apply for your stimulus check.
There are various reasons as to why you haven't received your stimulus check. The IRS addresses these reasons here.
Yes, you can receive a stimulus check even if you have previous debts. The CARES Act does not take tax debts or student loans into account. However, child support payments are not waived.
You must file a tax return to receive your check if the following applies to you:
- - If you are a dependent with unearned or unreported income over $1,100
- - If you are an independent contractor or self-employed with income over $400
- - If you are single and make over $12,200; if you are married filing jointly and make over $24,400; if you are the Head of Household and make over $118,350.
- - If you owe taxes on an IRA or Health Savings account.
- - If you got an advance payment for health coverage tax credit.